Applications now OPEN! Apply Now!
An interest in conducting interdisciplinary research at the chemistry/biology interface to understand human biology at the molecular level
Admission as a Ph.D. student into any Stanford program in chemistry, engineering, or the biosciences OR current Stanford Medical Scientist Training Program student in M1, M2, or G1 of the program
Women, underrepresented minorities, and students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Incoming Ph.D. students interested in exploring the interface between chemistry, biology, engineering, and medicine are encouraged to apply once they are admitted to a home department program at Stanford. Current MSTP students may apply during winter/spring of their M1, M2, or G1 year.
Applications require the following:
- GPA & transcript(s) from undergraduate institution(s); unofficial copies are acceptable
- Current CV
- Responses to the following questions:
- Describe your prior research experience. (500 words or less)
- Describe a research question at the interface of chemistry and biology that you find interesting. How will an understanding of both disciplines advance research in this area? (500 words or less)
- Why do you want to participate in this program? (500 words or less)
Applications are now open. The deadline is May 7. Invitations for interviews are extended in June and final decisions made by July. Visit https://chemh.slideroom.com to apply.
Academic and Student Services Coordinator